If you own a commercial or industrial property, then security is likely one of your top concerns. You want to make sure that your property is safe from intruders, and that you and your employees are protected in the event of an emergency. One way to do this is by installing forced entry-resistant doors. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of forced entry-resistant doors and how they can improve the security of your property. We will also touch on the different types of doors available and how to choose the right one for your needs.
What are forced entry-resistant doors?
When it comes to protecting your home or business from intruders, forced entry-resistant doors are a must. These doors are designed to withstand kick-ins, ramming, and other forms of attack, making them an ideal choice for those looking for the ultimate in security.
There are a number of different types of forced entry-resistant doors on the market, each with its own set of features and benefits. Bulletproof glass doors, for example, offer unbeatable protection against firearms, while steel-reinforced doors can resist attempts to break through with sledgehammers or other heavy tools.
No matter what type of forced entry-resistant door you choose, one thing is certain – it will go a long way toward deterring would-be criminals and keeping your property safe.
How do forced entry-resistant doors work?
There are many ways that forced entry-resistant doors work to keep your home or business safe. The most common way is by having a deadbolt lock. This type of lock is very difficult to pick and is almost impossible to force open. Another way that these doors work is by having a strike plate. This is a metal plate that is installed on the doorframe. The strike plate has a lip that extends out past the edge of the door. When the door is closed, this lip fits over the latch or bolt and prevents it from being forced open.
What are the benefits of forced entry-resistant doors?
There are many benefits of forced entry-resistant doors, including the following:
- Increased security: Forced entry-resistant doors are designed to withstand significant force, making them ideal for protecting your home or business from intruders.
- Enhanced durability: Forced entry-resistant doors are built to last, withstanding years of wear and tear.
- Greater peace of mind: Knowing that your home or business is well-protected can give you peace of mind and help you sleep better at night.
- increased resale value: When it comes time to sell your home or business, forced entry resistant doors can add value to the property.
How to choose the right forced entry resistant door for your needs
If you’re looking for a door that will offer superior forced entry resistance, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the right door for your needs:
- The type of door. There are three main types of doors that offer forced entry resistance: solid core doors, steel doors, and composite doors. Solid core doors are the most basic option and are typically made from wood or fiberglass. Steel doors are the strongest option, but they can be expensive. Composite doors are a middle-ground option that offers good strength and security at a more affordable price.
- The size of the door. The size of the door is important because it needs to fit properly in the frame. If the door is too small, it won’t provide adequate security. If it’s too large, it may not fit properly in the frame and could be easy to force open.
- The thickness of the door. The thicker the door, the stronger it will be. However, thicker doors can be more difficult to install and may require special hardware.
- The construction of the door. The way the door is constructed can impact its strength and security. For example, a door with multiple layers (such as a steel-core door) will be more resistant to forced entry than a single-layer door (such as a solid wood door).
- The locks on the door. The type
Forced entry resistant doors are an important part of keeping your home or business safe. By understanding the benefits of these doors, you can make sure that you choose the right door for your needs. forced entry-resistant doors are more expensive than regular doors, but they offer much better protection against intruders. If you are looking for a door that will give you peace of mind, a forced entry resistant door is the way to go.